I strongly believe that your evolution should be in your hands, and it’s up to you to act to make yourself at your work, life, and everything in between. With the fast-paced evolution that we’re seeing, you’ll be left behind if you don’t learn daily. I’ll go further. If you don’t learn every day, you’re being irresponsible with yourself and jeopardizing your future.
Here are some examples from famous and successful people.
- Warren Buffett spends five to six hours per day reading five newspapers and 500 pages of corporate reports.
- Bill Gates reads 50 books per year.
- Elon Musk grew up reading two books a day, according to his brother.
- Mark Cuban reads more than 3 hours every day.
See a pattern here?
So with this in mind, I’m introducing the “This Week I Learned” or TWIL for short.
Where did TWIL come from?
My good friend, a former boss André Vala motivated us to follow the 5-hour rule, where you need to book 1h every day dedicated to learning. We didn’t limit at the time what you would learn, as long as you did it consistently.
Every Friday, we sent our TWIL to everyone in our team, showing what we learned and getting in return a nice set of curated topics to read from everyone.
We started, almost immediately seeing some changes in our behavior. Since we were motivated to send every Friday, we wanted to send the best TWIL possible. We managed to learn and improve a little every day and help others do the same.
It’s all about building momentum and keeping pace.
You get more with a little every day than a lot once in a while.
Timeline & Strategy
André Vala challenged me to do it again and, because I can’t resist a good challenge, I said yes. So here’s what is going to happen:
- I’ll do an additional post every Friday with my TWIL. Time to be defined, but the 1 pm article will continue starting next week.
- The article will contain resources for any topic that I find interesting. From Power Automate to Crypto, anything goes.
- As soon as André publishes his TWIL, I’ll let you know on my Twitter and LinkedIn. Be sure to follow because this guy will give some amazing stuff to learn. I guarantee!
We’re thinking of other ways to make this stuff interesting, so feel free to email me with any suggestions that you have.
Let’s learn together, and looking forward to seeing what amazing stuff you’re learning.